In the mood for something a little different, yet tasty? Make sure you check out my newest recipe Bacon Asparagus Pasta. It’s like anything you’ve ever tasted before, in a good way! My recipe came along because I was looking for a side dish the whole family would enjoy but that wouldn’t take a whole lot of prepping. That’s when I came up with the Bacon Asparagus Pasta.
It’s easy, delicious, and something even the littlest of humans will enjoy. It’s like you can enjoy your carbs, but also get a side of veggies in – it’s fabulous! Summer is full of picnics where you have to bring a side dish. Don’t miss out on making this for all your friends and family, everyone is going to love it. Asparagus is also super fresh right now, which means it makes the perfect addition to any dish!
Related: Loaded Potato Slices Recipe
Bacon Asparagus Pasta
What you need
4 oz. Bowtie Pasta
4-6 spears fresh asparagus, bottoms trimmed and cut into thirds
4 strips hickory smoked bacon, diced
2 tbsp. salted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 chicken bouillonÂ cube
2/3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chopped parsley
Related: Skillet Mushroom Asparagus Recipe
How to make Bacon Asparagus Pasta Salad
Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain. Set aside.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until mostly cooked.
Add in the asparagus and cook 2-4 minutes.
Transfer the cooked bacon and asparagus to a paper towel-linedÂ plate. Wipe outÂ the bacon grease.
Melt butter in the skillet and add in minced garlic. Saute for 30 seconds and add in the cheese, bouillon cube, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
Stir to combine and let cook for 1-2 minutes until it begins to thicken. Mix in cooked pasta, bacon, and asparagus.
Top with parsley.
Related: Lemon Ice Cream Recipe + Video
Related: Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe
Bacon Asparagus Pasta
Looking for a side dish the whole family will enjoy that doesn't take a lot of prep? That’s this Bacon Asparagus Pasta recipe!
What You Need
- 4 oz Bowtie Pasta
- 4-6 Asparagus Spears bottoms trimmed and cut into thirds
- 4 strips Bacon hickory smoked, diced
- 2 tbsp. Butter Salted
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream or half and half
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Parsley Chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until mostly cooked.
- Add in the asparagus and cook 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked bacon and asparagus to a paper towel-lined plate. Wipe out the bacon grease.
- Melt butter in the skillet and add in minced garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds and add in the cheese, bouillon cube, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine and let cook for 1-2 minutes until it begins to thicken. Mix in cooked pasta, bacon, and asparagus.
- Top with parsley.