We LOVE shopping at the Dollar Tree. Honestly, it’s such a bargain, especially when you have a lot of kids to shop for. In all the time I’ve been shopping here, I’ve found some of the best deals and the greatest items you can get for cheap, cheap, cheap! The Spider Craft, Fall Wreath, and Minions Decorated pudding cups, and more all can be made with items you buy at Dollar Tree. To save you the most money consider this: buy at Dollar Tree. But what are the best deals?
Here are 19 things to always buy at Dollar Tree:
- Flower pots – They have all different shapes and sizes and during the spring season, there are even more to choose from. You can get decorative ones or clay pots that you can paint and decorate yourself.
- Holiday decorations – This is my go-to stop for holiday decorations. Before every season the store gets full of all kinds of great decorations. You can get Christmas ornaments, wrapping paper, boxes, lawn decorations, flyers, door hangers, window clings, table centerpieces, and Valentine’s cards and décor, and so much more. They even have goodies for the smaller holidays.
- Mailing labels – This is a great way to save on mailing labels and it’s cheaper than an office supply store. They often have different sizes to choose from.
- Stickers – If you or your kids love stickers, this is the place for you! They have stickers of all different shapes, colors, sizes, and designs. You can’t go wrong with a bunch of stickers for only $1.
- Pens and pencils – They always have tons of different types of pens and pencils here. You can also find Sharpies, highlighters, and mechanical pencils.
- Envelopes – Basic envelopes, long envelopes, yellow mailing envelopes and more! They have different types and you can stock up and never be without.
- Other stationary – Seriously, I cannot get enough of Dollar Tree stationary, school supplies, and office supplies. They always have tons of cool stuff and their stock changes often so you can collect different styles of notebooks, pens, stickers, and more.
- Spices – You can get all kinds of spices for only $1. They average $2.50 and up at other stores.
- Greeting cards – Dollar Tree has a great selection of greeting cards for every holiday, as well as blank cards, thank you cards, and invitations for parties and events.
- Party supplies – You can get party supplies of all types at the Dollar Tree. Table toppers, hanging decorations, decorative cups and plates, napkins, birthday and wedding themes, balloons and more are all available for just $1 each. 19 Items to always buy at Dollar Tree to Save You the Most Money. #frugalliving Click To Tweet
- Books – They have many best-selling titles, as well as coloring books to choose from.
- Bread – Many Dollar Tree stores have name brand bread at half the price of the regular stores. Even the other bread is a good deal.
- Hair accessories – Hair bands, head bands, stretchy ties, twist ties, hair clips, and more! There are so many different hair accessories to choose from at the Dollar Tree. They also have hair brushes, combs and other items for caring for your hair.
- Cosmetics – You can find name brand cosmetics for only a buck here. There’s also great nail polish and other cosmetic related items.
- Pregnancy tests/ Drug tests – Okay, so this is a very specific one that not everyone will need, but if you DO need a pregnancy test, these are only $1. Compared to $8-10 from other stores and it’s a real steal. Also, they work just as good as the expensive ones.
- Cleaning supplies – I always get my cleaning supplies from Dollar Tree now. They have everything from all-purpose cleaner to toilet bowl cleaner, and more.
- Drinking glasses/ mugs – The are tons of great drinking glasses, coffee mugs, mugs with fun sayings on them and more at Dollar Tree.
- Decorative baskets/ storage baskets – When you want to make a gift basket or use fun baskets for decorating and storage, the Dollar Tree is your go-to place. They have tons of baskets in different colors and sizes.
- Medicine – Tylenol and ibuprofen, cough syrup, melatonin and other vitamins and more are all found at the Dollar Tree. You can save a bundle buying your medicines here.
Of all the things we’ve bought from the Dollar Tree, we’ve also learned a few things over the years that you shouldn’t buy at Dollar Tree. Worst case scenario: you’ve only lost a dollar. Still, we’ve learned there are a few things that just don’t hold up.
- Aluminum foil – Unless you get the name brand Reynold’s Wrap, the cheap aluminum kitchen foil is not worth the dollar. It’s thin and tears super easy. The single sheet pop-up foil at the Dollar Tree is pretty good, though, and it’s great for children who can’t tear the regular foil (and no dangerous metal teeth).
- Tools – If you’re only going to use them once or twice, you can get away with this but in general, they’re cheaply made and will break on heavy use.
- Toilet paper/ paper towels – If you need something quick in a pinch, it will do but the paper products are not as well made and you don’t get a lot of value out of them from Dollar Tree.
- Toys – While there are some exceptions, most of the toys at the Dollar Tree are very poorly made. They are made of cheap plastic that breaks and they may not meet safety standards. Again, there are exceptions. We once found a bunch of Webkinz plushies at Dollar Tree and another time we found some